Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Fantastic Depiction of a Viking Smithy



It's been a long while since I have posted here...what with RL and the holidays, I have been fairly busy.  however, today I saw something that I felt I needed to memorialize...or at least save for possible use at some point in the future.
 
The video above is probably one of the best depictions of a Viking Smithy I have ever seen.  I realize it's also an advertisement (for a seriously cool Axe), but if you look beyond that you can see how a Viking smithy would be a dark place where the smith can pay attention to the color (and thereby the heat) of the metal he is working.

All too often in SL I see Torvie smithy's as wide open airy kinds of places that simply wouldn't work in reality, and while we do need to make SOME adjustments for RP, I just think people have a tendency to go too far and apply our modern ways of thinking (not to mention our modern morals) to things in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment